21 Interesting Gambling Facts You Should Know About
January 19, 2018 4:47 pm
In this article, we will look at some interesting facts related to the gambling. However, these facts should be known to all the bettors of this world, but, the irony is that not all are aware of these.
21 Interesting Facts
- Human beings are prone to betting since early human civilization. The first taxation system was formed in the fourth century BC because of the gambling.
- Keno was first played in China in the second century BC.
- Betting and lotteries have regularly been utilized to build public projects. The biggest example is the making of Great Wall Of China from the money earned through Keno.
- Roulette is the oldest form of the casino game and is also called the Devil’s game, as the sum of all the number in this game is 666, which is considered the Number of the Beast.
- In the past, the Catholic and Judaic Priest were in the support of the gambling.
- The sandwich got his name after John Montagu, Earl of Sandwich, because he invented sandwich while playing gambling. He did so as he didn’t want to quit the game for eating.
- The card suits i.e. hearts, diamonds, clubs, and spades originated from the French Ancién Régime. Cups symbolizes church, coins are for traders, clubs are for laborers, and swords for the strength.
- Italians and French both argue over the invention of blackjack.
- Richard Nixon, 37th President of the United States, supported his congressional battle with cash he won while playing cards in the South Pacific amid World War II.
- In spite that in the Monte Carlo, Casino is a source of earnings, the natives of this nation are not permitted to visit the casinos.
- Las Vegas is the well known name in the betting world, but, today, the world’s biggest betting city is Macau, which earned $45.3 billion in 2013. It takes one day for Macau players to bet the same money that is bet in seven days in Las Vegas.
- The air terminal in Las Vegas, McCarran International is the eighth busiest airport on the planet. There are 850 flights every day, carrying more than 2.5 million individuals per month, of which mostly are gamblers.
- The first online casino was unveiled by Microgaming in 1996 in Antigua and had 18 games.
- 68% of players in Las Vegas play slots.
- The renowned MIT group from Massachusetts Institute of Technology and played blackjack from 1979 until the start of the 21st century. They made millions using card counting method.
- The President of Zimbabwe Robert Mugabe won 100,000 Zimbabwean dollars ( US$2,600) in a lottery in 2000. He is the only Head of State who won the lottery.
- The biggest slot jackpot was won in Vegas in 2003 by a 25-year-old specialist engineer. He played hit a $39,710,826.36 jackpot on the Megabucks machine, beating odds of around 17 million to one.
- You can’t see clock and windows at brick and mortar casinos.
- In 2011, Blackjack player Don Johnson won $15 million in Atlantic City in an about 6 months.
- The potential for Royal Flush (poker) is 1 for every 649,740.
- 2,598,960 different types of five-card hands can be made using a standard 52-card deck.
9 AM to 5 AM Everyday Including Public Holidays