Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) Casino Singapore
The Resorts World Sentosa Casino, also known as RWS Casino, is one of the Singapore’s premium gambling destinations. Located on the island of Sentosa, just a few minutes from the Central Business District, RWS Sentosa Singapore is owned and run by Genting Singapore PLC.Resorts World Sentosa is known for being the biggest integrated resort casino and a highly famous tourist spot in the country.
Some of the facilities offered by RWS Singapore include – four world-class hotels, Marine Life Park (the world’s largest oceanarium), the Universal Studio (famous for its movie-themed highlights), and a uniquely wonderful casino.
Offering a magnificent gaming area that features almost every kind of table game, slot machine and electronic machine of common knowledge, Resorts World Sentosa Casino Singapore also holds the title of being one of the best casinos in Asia.
History Of RWS Casino Singapore
The RWS casino was founded on 14 February 2010, on the occasion of Chinese New Year, as a part of the Resorts World Sentosa integrated resort. Here’s a sneak peek at the history of Singapore’s largest integrated casino.
The construction of the first four hotels began on 16 April 2007 and completed in a record time of 34 months. Resorts World Sentosa with its four hotels – Crockfords Tower, Festive Hotel, Hotel Michael and Hard Rock Hotel Singapore – officially opened on 20 January 2010. The FestiveWalk shopping Mall started its operations on 31 January 2010.
Resorts World Sentosa Casino Singapore was opened for general public on 14 February 2010. At the same time, Universal Studios Singapore was opened for only one sneak peek week between 14 and 21 February 2010. Finally, the Universal Studios Singapore along with a theme park was opened on 18 March 2010, however, became fully operational by 26 October 2010. The Marine Life Park, along with S.E.A Aquarium, and Adventure Cove Waterpark opened on 22 November 2012.
The official opening ceremony of RWS was held on 7 December 2012. By then, everything was fully operational.
Things You Should Know About RWS Casino Singapore
Here are a few of the things that make RWS the most premium and one of the best casinos in Asia.
- The cost of building the resort was 6.59 billion Singapore dollars.
- It is spread over a land area of 49 hectares (120 acres).
- The full open resort employs over 10,000 people.
- It is a segment of Resorts World Genting, Malaysia.
- Action Superstar Donnie Yen and his wife Cissy Wang are the current brand ambassadors of RWS.
- RWS casino is situated in the basement of the Crockfords Tower Hotel and occupies an area of about 15,000sqm.
RWS Singapore casino is known to offer the most advanced casino facilities on the planet. It imports games and machines from some of the world’s leading gaming equipment manufacturers, including the likes of International Game Technology (IGT) group, that enables it to provide the most sophisticated games like Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Tekken, Alien vs Predator and Back to the Future.
Due to its collaboration with some of the leading technology companies in the world, RWS casino is also able to offer advanced features like EZ Pay and RFID Chip Inventory System.
With more than 500 game tables and slot machines available in its gaming zone, RWS takes pride in being the biggest real money Casino in Singapore. In addition to the gaming services, the casino also features Casino Royal Bar, Crockfords Club, Feng Sui Inn, Full House, Happy 9, Prosperity Court and Wing Choi for those who love fine wine and dine with gambling.
RWS Casino Rules
Here are some other things you need to keep in mind while visiting the casino.
- Resort World Sentosa Casino Entrance Fee: Local Singapore residents are required to pay S$100 daily levy and S$2,000 annual levy in order to get entry to the casino. (This is common for any casino in the country)
- Foreigners do not need to pay any fee or charge to gain admission to the casino.
- Foreigner casino visitors must produce any of the following identification documents.
A. a foreign passport with an immigration stamp
B. a long-term visit pass with photographic identification
C. a work pass with identification
D. a long-term visit pass with a foreign passport
E. an identity card issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to Diplomats in Foreign Embassies and Professional Staff in International Organisations.
F. a student pass with photographic identification
- Visitors of age less than 21 are not allowed to enter the casino.
- Casino dress code is smart/casual. Visitors wearing singlets, slippers, hat, caps, shorts, helmets, masks, veils, sunglasses or any other similar items are not allowed in the casino.
- Pets are not allowed in casino premises.
- Smoking is allowed only in the designated smoking zones.
- Mobile phones are allowed but must be on silent mode. Any kind of photography and videography is prohibited in the casino.
- Items like knives, firearms, cameras, computers, electronic gadgets, computing equipment, etc., are also not allowed.
Why Visit RWS Singapore?
Here are some other reasons why you should visit Resorts World Sentosa Casino Singapore.
- The largest casino: RWS Sentosa Singapore is the largest integrated casino in the country and one of the largest in the world.
- Big range of casino games: With over 500 casino tables, hundreds of slot machines, and thousands of game options, you will never run out of games to play at RWS Casino Singapore.
- Online Casino Singapore dollars: The casino accepts payment in local Singapore dollars, US dollars and via some digital wallets and credit/debit cards.
- High-level protection and security: RWS is known for its highly sophisticated and well-protected casino structure where all games are properly vetted for errors and regularly tested for fraud.
- RWS Casino Singapore Opening time: The casino stays open 24-hours a day and 7 days a week. So, you can enjoy gambling anytime you want.
- RWS Casino Facilities: In addition to a fully-featured gaming zone, RWS Sentosa Singapore casino also has an entertainment zone, a bar, and several dining options.
Resorts World Sentosa Hotel details
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free parking
- Outdoor pool
- Laundry service
- Business center
- Kitchens in some rooms
- Airport shuttle
- Hot tub
- Fitness center
8 Sentosa Gateway, Singapore, 098269
Tel: +65 6577 8888